Location Access Settings … Most of the people don’t read instructions while installing any app on the phone. We have a tendency to just tap on “Next” without even reading. In this quick process normally we allow app to access your location and sometimes aren’t even aware, this leads to draining out the battery fast and privacy reason (few apps use your location even in the background).
Other case could be while installing app you deny location access but to access some apps you may need to enable it later.
How To Grant or Deny Location Access For Individual App on iPhone / Location Access Settings
- Go to Settings
- Scrolls down little bit then Tap on Privacy
- Select Location Services
4. Now scroll down to see a list of apps that seek location access.
5. Next to each app, you will see the text Never, While Using The App, or Always.
Never – Means app will not be able to access you location anytime
While Using The App – App only accesses location data when you are using it (app will not use your location in the background)
Always – The app can access location data even when you are not using it (use your location in the background)
- Best option – Use option While Using the App
This will ensure that the app doesn’t use your location in the background. Some apps don’t allow this option, in this case, if you don’t think that the app should always access your location, change the setting to Never.
- Scroll to the bottom and Tap System Services.
- Now you can see which system services are using your location in the background. Find My iPhone is a useful anti-theft feature, so you should not deny it location access. Rest is your choice turns the others off depending on your requirements.
Which option do you prefer and why? Let us know via comments